Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Two-Minute Thank You - Aislinn Langley

My friend and coworker said "she's five year's younger than me, but I constantly find myself looking up to her and finding inspiration," about me. In front of a crowd. I cried. My brother taught me to spell my whole name before I entered kindergarten so I would be the Cool Kid. My boss told me "you will run this place one day," and told me to fight for administrative positions despite my age. Emily complimented my shoes or something insignificant on a day when I clearly looked a mess and was having a bad time. I remember. I don't understand most of what Josephine says, but she's always glad to see me home. Johns has hit me over many an awful joke, and I deserved every blow. My fifth grade teacher deemed me "a delight to have in class." She also not only condoned, but encouraged my then-great affinity for knitting. Bubs has embodied the saying "friends don't let friends do stupid things alone." Connor took us to IKEA on a whim, getting little out of it but a three foot long stuffed shark. My mom and dad each relented time after time when I begged "just one chapter more."

No comments:

Post a Comment