Monday, November 30, 2015

Two-Minute Thank You - Charlie Grimes

My mom taught me all of the manners I know. My dad taught me to always lighten others’ loads. My sister always set the path ahead, making for countless “Oh, I knew Virginia!’s.” My family taught me to have a sense of humor, and that everything in life didn’t have to be taken so seriously. My friends taught me how to be loyal. Summer camp taught me to be independent, and to realize that I could, in fact, live without my parents. Yosemite taught me that nature is the cure to all worries, needless stresses, and ills. School taught me that hard work will eventually pay off, and that sometimes not talking is the best kind of talking. Music taught me to have an open mind, and to not judge so harshly. TV taught me that everyone has a story worth telling, and that everyone has something to say. 17 years on this earth has taught me, as cheesy as it may be, to be myself and to be comfortable with who I am. Everyone in life deserves a thanks for something, no matter how small. So thank you to everyone who has taught me valuable lessons, and thank you to those who will teach me more lessons in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment