Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Two Minute Thank You Emmet

Katy lent us her shoes when we got bored with plastic swords. My brother showed me how to catch frogs in the city drains, and taught me how to name them. Tom taped up my hand when we tried to hide the blood from the parents - safety always a priority. Mrs. Franklin told me not to give up when it was time to learn math, "you can do other things." Kyle tried to stop the wreck I caused, and got the weight of the machine and a broken leg for his trouble. Leland made sure I got home safe nearly every time. Some girls strike the right balance, keep the optimism down but the happiness intact. Mr. D. told me where to start reading. She said "of course I was driving," because cars don't wreck themselves. My aunt told me not to worry when the child burst into tears upon encountering my resemblance to her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment