Monday, November 23, 2015

two minute thank you (soccer) - Emily Cashman

My mom said, "play hard." "Kick with the inside of your foot," my dad said. My mom told Margaret and I we had a try-out. Nick punted the ball in the air, and we all chased it. Ally suggested I might want to try out being a goalie. "Nice save," my teammates said. Steve let us rub his hair for good luck. The doctor said, "I'm afraid it's a broken wrist." Kimberley suggested outside-mid. "What happened at school today?" - the beginning of every carpool. Ian yelled, "Is this some sort of country club sport to you?" Marco joined the carpool. Ted made us train. Warren let us do our own thing. Robbie asked, "Do you want to stay for the Varsity game?" I got new jerseys, I joined the team, I became a captain. "Congrats on a great season," said everyone. And Mebit said "Why?"

No comments:

Post a Comment