Monday, August 24, 2015

8/24- brandon castillo

Art's importance in society is marked by the ability of it to connect people together in whatever media it is made in and it is done through the emotional power which the art conveys.  
The role of the artist is express his emotion in whatever he does: it could be an actual piece of art but it could also be a beautifully made essay, basketball plan, or speech; art is whatever the artist wants to make it. My opinion on the responsibility of the artist is that the artist gets to decide how direct they want to be about their ideas or emotions; they can be super to-the-point or can be abstract. The artist gets to choose which method is best but with the abstract approach, the viewer/reader has the ability to create their own ideas that might be different from the author's .  
I think language arts is different from regular arts because you use your tongue and pen. You can choose not only what you want to say but you say it by your choice of diction and syntax. You are able to attack it with different methods like metaphors, personification, similes, or analogies to exemplify your ideas and emotions to the reader. 
 I believe that I am an artist because I get to choose what I write and how I write it when I write essays, I am able to express my ideas to people with emotional and logical appeal, I can use my basketball moves to move people to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment