Monday, August 24, 2015

Why Art?

Why Art? For me I have always found the art people readily think of, paintings and drawings, relatively boring, but that does not mean I don’t appreciate their great importance. Many pieces of art tell stories of cultures that have long since faded away, while others wow the viewers with mind numbing beauty and skill. Art like paintings, drawings, and sculptures are just the tip of the ice berg, I mean in my opinion everything can be perceived as an art, whether its movies, stand-up comedy, professional football, or writing it’s still a form of art work and expression. So the role of an artist if they are a quarterback or a novelist is to entertain the audience and to put beauty and skill into their media. Making their main responsibility a very challenging one, this is to not disappoint the audience and to try to bring them something fresh and new every time they perform.
Language arts are a special breed of arts because in my opinion at least they have the most potential to change the world.  You have common examples of this like the Bible and the Koran, but then you have other works of language arts like Uncle Tom’s Cabin which help to gain supporters for the abolitionist cause. Without books we could not call ourselves a sophisticated society.

Am I an Artist? I’d like to think I am, I’ve always enjoyed making people laugh, so through my comedy I hope that I am able to entertain others which would then by my own measures qualify me as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment