Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Why art? - Caleb Combs

Art is a method of personal expression.  It acts as an outlet for your thoughts and emotions.  It is a reflection of who you are and the qualities you possess.  The role of the artist is to create a visual that conveys a specific meaning.  Whether this meaning is positive or negative is irrelevant, because art is personal.  It is the responsibility of the artist to contain these negative emotions and use their artistic ability for a positive cause.  Language arts still create a visual, but in this case it is painted into your mind.  Different literary choices paint various ideas into the minds of the reader.  Language is composed in a way that expresses ideas in a non-visual manner.  I myself am no artist.  Since I was young, this was a skill I always wished I had, and envied those who did.  I find my own ways to express myself, as opposed to creating a work of art.  Art is an insight into the mind and soul of its creator.  Of all of the methods of expression, I feel this is one of the most effective methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment