Monday, August 24, 2015

Art- James Jones

            Why art? Because art is easily accessible expression. There is an art form for nearly everyone, whether it be painting, music, writing, acting etc. etc. Art provides a means of conveying the feelings one desires to show. Blues musicians used their songs to express their troubles, writers express the beliefs and moral lessons that they desire to teach, they all express what can’t just be expressed in normal spoken word. Some things need a more powerful medium to be communicated, and the medium for many people is art. Art is also experienced by more than just it’s creators. It is a wonderful group experience that many people get to share.
            The role of the artist is to create. They are the ones that have the message to send and the beauty to show. They provide the material for people to take in and interpret. Their responsibilities are to create something that they enjoy and hope that others share that enjoyment, and to effectively convey whatever message that they want to convey.

            I am somewhat an artist because I play music. Sadly I don’t get to play guitar as much as I used to but I still pick it up from time to time. My favorite genre to play has always been blues because of how much emotion blues musicians put into their work. No matter how simple or complex it is when I play a blues song I feel like I’m really pouring my heart out and expressing myself without even having to say a word, it’s wonderful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment