Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Humor - Emily Cashman



In Earnest, some of the lines that I thought were the funniest came at the end of the play. I thought the entire ending of the play was entertaining mostly because it was just one absurdity after another. I liked Gwendolen's comment near the end of "I never change, except in my affections." and Cecily's reply of "What a noble nature you have, Gwendolen!" I enjoyed this conversation because it was simply absurd and exaggerated. That conversation would never occur in real life, which shows how hilarious Wilde made the entire situation. In regards to modern humor, my favorite comedy TV show is without a doubt Modern Family. (I even wrote one of my college essays about watching Modern Family with my family). I like how the subtle humors of each situation build on each other to create some pretty hilarious scenes when situations collide. I also enjoy how the writers of Modern Family seem to more accurately portray teenage-hood in a funny way more so than other shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment