Friday, October 23, 2015

Humor- Jacob Ferguson

In The Importance of Being Earnest, the humor I found that I most enjoyed was the farce and the puns. The funniest things to me were when the characters were in crazy situations, such as the women only marrying men named Ernest, the idea of a Bunbury, and Algernon transitioning from "the Science of Life" to the cucumber sandwiches in conversation. I really enjoy the absurd and at the same time enjoy the cleverness of puns; I appreciate a mix of high and low humor. In modern times some of the funniest productions are Parks and Recreation, Freaks and Geeks, and any Mel Brooks movie. These shows have a variety of humor from satire to farce to parody. Freaks and Geeks reveals the true essence of our society with great satire when Jason Segel declares in conversation "I don't want to relate to anybody." Mel Brooks parodies the tropes of any number of film genres in his movies. My tastes in humor are very diverse in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment