Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Response to Poem Responses- Caroline Totty

I believe how Emily Cashman interpreted her quote and poem was insightful. I agree with her mostly and her take related to mine in saying art has several different meanings depending on who is viewing it. I like how Emily included that art can evoke feelings the viewer does not always expect. I also liked how she said current events happening around the artist have the ability to influence them. I sort of approached it more as emotional events in the artist's life specifically are what encouraged him or her, but I like how Emily said it could also be the influence of current events that are affecting everyone.

I thought Will Mathews' take on the poem he responded to was interesting. I thought it was interesting he said artwork has limitations and that he took the quote and interpreted it as stating artwork has limitations. This is sort of the opposite of how I took this quote and what I believe. I believe artwork has no limitations and you can describe yourself and your feelings endlessly, but Will states otherwise. It was interesting to me to see his take on artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment