Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Response to Responses Emmet

The first response I would like to comment on is Jacob Ferguson. I think that, apart from his interpretation of the quote and the emotions of the work of art, he did a great job explaining not only how the quote was applicable, but also showing the depth and complexity of the painting by demonstrating the two different levels on which Conrad's comments can be applied.

The second post I will respond to is Mikaela's, which was about "The Day Lady Died," the same poem I wrote on. She did a good job explaining the significance of the poem itself, but her discussion became particularly interesting toward the end of the post when she connected connections with redemption. I think this is a great point to bring up with this poem in particular because it's such a personal account, it can't have much significance in any other sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment