Monday, September 21, 2015

Responses- Will mathews

One of my favorite responses I read was Emily’s. Even though in a way it disagreed with what I said about the limitations of art, I really liked her description of art that has the capacity to fill our wonder and delight. I was also intrigued by the way that she talks about the poem “London, 1802” she says that so much emotion was able to be put into 14 lines, I thought that sort of agreed with my ideas about how even though some art forms are limited to a certain number of lines they are still able to represent such a fulfilling emotion.

In addition to Emily’s poem I found great intrigue with Charlie’s, I thought he had a very well written interpretation of Pollack’s quote about the pain that goes into art, and that it matters little what skill of technique that was used, but more what the artwork evokes from you. To translate it back to my own statements of the immense beauty that can be found through art even with the limitations that can be presented, I would agree that the true beauty of the artwork is defined by the emotions it can draw from you, rather than its esthetical beauty or its elevated texts. So like many abstract works it may not always be pretty or even make sense but often it can make you see something in a new light that you had never before thought of. So I guess in a way the abstract art world can help to break through the limitations the clear-cut art world can lead to.

No comments:

Post a Comment